The Yamaha CL3 is the mid size mixer of the CL series digital mixing consoles and features 64 mono and 8 stereo inputs. The mixer has 24 channels of faders and 2 master faders with the option for a meter bridge.
The CL Series EQ and effects have been vastly expanded. They include an Effect Rack that features VCM analog circuitry modeling technology, as well as a Premium Rack that includes the Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5033 equalizer and Portico 5043 compressor/limiter, developed in close cooperation with Rupert Neve himself. Yamaha began working with Rupert Neve Designs in 2010, developing devices based on Yamaha’s VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) technology.
- Input channels: 64 mono, 8 stereo.
- Fader configuration: 16-fader left section, 8-fader Centralogic section, 2-fader master section.
- Meter bridge optional.
- Advantages of Dante Networking:
- Large bandwidth capability
- Long cable length capability
- Uncompressed multi-channel, low-latency digital audio over a standard ethernet network
- Higher channel count and automatic configuration
- No need for masses of bulky, heavy, expensive, inflexible copper wires
- Simple, single lightweight and inexpensive cat5 or cat6 cable
- Integrated media and control
- Control signals on the network without additional cabling