The UPM-1P is a remarkably compact, self-powered professional sound reinforcement loudspeaker system. It is ideally suited to applications requiring a relatively small and inconspicuous loudspeaker that can also provide high sound pressure levels, extremely low distortion, and uniform directional control.
The UPM-1P high-frequency section comprises a 1-inch metal dome tweeter on a symmetrical constant-directivity high-frequency horn with 100-degree beamwidth. At lower frequencies, sophisticated phase-correction circuitry assures true point-source performance without the off-axis cancellation effects that plague customary dual-woofer designs. Two 5-inch low-frequency cone drivers are driven in parallel at low frequencies to take advantage of their combined acoustic output. To prevent destructive interference and comb filtering effects in the mid-band frequencies close to the crossover area, one of the drivers rolls off above 320 Hz.
- Output- 350 W
- Coverage pattern- 100 degrees horizontal, 100 degrees vertical
- Exceptional fidelity and power capability in an ultracompact package
- Wide, symmetrical pattern covers broad listening areas
- Unique crossover design eliminates combing for consistent midrange response
- Metal dome driver delivers exceptionally smooth high-frequency characteristic